- While doing a little Scott research last night, I came across the British Library’s online collection of books and manuscripts, where you can view extracts of Scott’s actual journal, written in his own hand, including the final, heartbreaking entries.
- We’ve had a minor-but-to-us-undecipherable electrical problem since spring. This morning, I got in touch with an electrician who’s done some work for us before to see if he had some time soon to stop by and troubleshoot the problem. Turns out he was coming past our house on his way to another job today, so he said he’d stop in. He did. He let the dog jump on him and kiss him. Then he fixed the electrical problem in about two minutes. Then he refused payment. I think that electrician deserves some cookies, don’t you?
- I’m a bit late on posting this, but if you’re a baker and are thinking of placing an order from King Arthur Flour in the next couple of days, you can use this link to get a 20% discount on your order of $90 or more. King Arthur is extending this offer to readers of this blog through November 6, 2011. If you use it to buy ingredients for cookies, I can give you the address of our amazing electrician.
- Curious about this whole NaBloPoMo thing and who else is doing it and what they’re writing about? You can read all about it here, and you can browse participants’ daily entries by looking at the comments list here. The blogroll says there are 2106 of us, to date!
- You really should see this:
Murmuration from Sophie Windsor Clive on Vimeo.