It’s been an “off” week for me. Nothing really bad has happened, but things have felt wrong all week, out of control, not clicking, unhappy. People are grumpy; friends are struggling with sick pets, sick children, and other problems; there are little worries all over the place. I know I have a good life — a great life.
I have no reason at all to complain, and yet the feeling of worry and dissatisfaction is there. So my job today is to get over it and turn my mood around for the coming weekend.
Here are just five reasons why I have no business being glum:
- The sun is shining brightly and I hear tell that temperatures will reach into the low 50s today. Virtual spring!
- Yesterday, Dan & Whit’s offered up another treasure from its packed shelves: the old Careers board game, one of my childhood favorites.
- Our girl has the day off from school and I’m taking the rest of the day off work so that we can play board games and walk in the sunshine.
- There are leftover baked beans in the fridge with my name on them. Also much cheese, and a tiny bit of fudge from my favorite Cape Cod fudge shop.
- And then there’s always Marcel.
Take THAT you stinky ol’ bad mood!
Update: I just thought of one more thing that will make me happy. I have this book to read today, which M bought me before we left for Scotland, but I haven’t had a chance to read yet.
Update: The curse has not yet lifted: the dog rolled in pooh on our walk. Think I deserve an hour of poetry reading at this point. 🙂